Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyMSTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
Port Huron, MI

For about a year now I have been battling extreme fatigue, I have had MS fatigue in the past but not to this extent. All I want to do is sleep, even when I don’t want to I fall asleep. I won’t even remember going to sleep, I’ll sit down to read or watch tv and next thing I know I’m waking up.

Has anyone else experienced fatigue like this? If so what do you do for it?

March 26, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyMSTeam Member

Not sure if this helps, but I had bone crushing fatigue. Part of the problem was I could not get a good solid amount of sleep - even though I was constantly exhausted. Anyway, even though I don't snore ... turns out I had sleep apnea. Getting a CPAP made a huge difference for me. I gather women over 40 can develop sleep apnea even though they don't snore and that can disrupt restful sleep. Good luck.

March 27, 2018
A MyMSTeam Member

I've been on Provigil in the past but it only helped minimally. My doctor prescribed adderall 10 mg which helps when I need to remain awake. I take one tab before going to a doctor appointment or out to lunch. If I didn't have this medication I'd be in bed all day too. Fatigue is my worst symptom also.

March 26, 2018
A MyMSTeam Member

@A MyMSTeam Member

Fatigue is one of the most common symptoms of MS. Much has been posted on this forum about fatigue so it's recommended that you do a search of this forum.

Additionally check out these links :

https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Symptoms-Diag...

https://mymsaa.org/ms-information/symptoms/fati...

https://multiplesclerosis.net/living-with-ms/ms...

March 26, 2018 (edited)

Related Questions

View All
A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
Los Angeles, CA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In