When I initially was diagnosed some 22 years ago, I could fall asleep in MRIs. However, for the first time, I had a panic attack and couldn't complete it within the last month. Then, I started getting "wigging" on flight at 38000 feet, but started breathing exercises and meditation to calm myself down. I've never had this issue, until the last 45 days. 😔
Yes, multiple sclerosis (MS) can cause panic attacks. Anxiety disorders, including panic attacks, are more common in people with MS than in the general population. This can be due to the unpredictability of the condition, the onset of new symptoms, or fears about future disease progression. Additionally, MS-related Show Full Answer
Thank you. I actually do listen to relaxation music for my insomnia and have practiced relaxation breathing for this as well, which is why I even knew them . I certainly will keep practicing though.
Deep Breathing helps with panic attacks, and so does relaxation CD's and relaxation music. I am consistent with my breathing exercises and listening to the CD's EVERY single night. You would be surprised at how much better you feel once you get consistent with the deep breathing. I also use Vagus Nerve stimulation which includes a lot of deep breathing and was able to stop taking medications that were prescribed to regulate my heart beat but made me feel like I was having MS exacerbations to the point where I only wanted to lie around and do nothing.
Well first off, give yourself a self high five for finding ways to ease your panic attacks. You've found breathing exercises and meditation. Make sure you give yourself credit for doing those things! Please keep them up and add some things to them. If these don't ease your attacks fully, it may be time to look into talking with someone. A professional that has sought training to help. You've done everything that allows you to help yourself, at least what I would suggest, and now it may be time to ask others for help in alleviating your attacks. I know there's a stigma but I know you can break it. Know I'm rooting for you!
I’m sorry this happened to you. I too can sleep in the MRI or atleast start to fall asleep. I truly hate the fact that day by day our bodies change their reaction to things. Shortly after being Diag I got stung by a yellow jacket in my head and things sweld up like never before. I’ve never had that reactoin to a stingand now I have to worry about that.
Sorry.. I’m rambling..