Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyMSTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I was diagnosed with RRMS the summer of 21 and I couldn’t return to work.. I am broke .. I am stressed and I do not know what I should do next ???
I need help … advice anything I will take it all

April 29, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyMSTeam Member

Maybe Medicaid in your state

April 30, 2023
A MyMSTeam Member

Contact the National MS Society. They have different resources that may help. Also, there are foundations that help with expenses. https://www.patientadvocate.org/ is one, https://tafcares.org/ is another. Hope this helps.

April 29, 2023
A MyMSTeam Member

Are you able to apply for disability? From your state and possibly also from Social Security?
That will need a doctor who says that you are disabled. If you don't already have doctor who says you are disabled I believe they have you see a doctor (they pay for it) and get his recommendation. But call them and ask about all of this. I am not sure about any of it and just my 2 cents worth.
Are you eligible for Medicaid? I would suggest that you apply for all of those and check with your local city and your county for whatever assistance they have available. I wish you all the best!!

April 29, 2023 (edited)
A MyMSTeam Member

There are many resources for someone in your position. Things may take time. Hopefully you're in a better position since it's been a few months. There is always the MS society as someone has suggested already. Also, where do you go see your neurologist? Hospitals and clinics have social workers that can help guide you in applying for all sorts of local and state resources. Would you be able to work remotely from home? I'm around your area at least once a month if you ever want to talk. I know I found it helpful to meet other people with MS.

September 2, 2023 (edited)
A MyMSTeam Member

Also, I have medicaid. Everything is covered. I pay nothing out of pocket. Again, I don’t know what New York has, but in Washington it's called Apple health.

April 29, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
edmonton, alberta, CANADA

A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
Butler, TN

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In