Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyMSTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I was making a sandwich for lunch today and it led me to ask this question for helpful tips on other tasks. (What's hard for me may not be for you)I HATE "twisty-ties" on bread my coordination is pretty bad so I use clothe pins instead It works! I hate sandwich bags where you have to put the red and blue strips together to make green. You need stupid coordination and feeling in fingers to do it! I use hefty zip-lock bags instead! Now zipping a zipper and buttoning a button are bit* @A… read more

September 5, 2013 (edited)
 · 
Reactions
A MyMSTeam Member

I agree with all your comments. For a long time I thought it was just me being lazy or weak. Not true it is about the Challenge. Loved some of the suggestions and being patient is another thing I have learned to be. One of the biggest changes was and still is just ask for help. That is the independence problem. I think someday someone will be in my shoes and will remember me asking for help and will say gee I should have helped her. You never know till you live in someones pair of shoes. Keep your faith strong.

September 12, 2013
A MyMSTeam Member

Having to sign my name or write anything longhand....I can type well but have lost fine motor coordination as far as writing goes......my most difficult task? Having to accept the little messes around the house that no one else notices but are a BIG deal to me!

September 12, 2013
A MyMSTeam Member

Years ago when in the hospital for a severe exacerbation the PT therapist asked me what my goal was....I said to set my hair. He looked at me with raised eyebrows. But looking as well/good as possible is important to the rest of my psyche. It is also the way I can tell how I am going to be for the rest of the day. Some days I cannot put curlers in my hair.....some days I can. It is the little things that can cause so much frustration.

September 13, 2013
A MyMSTeam Member

Sweeping: I got a dustpan w/ a handle.

Dishes: I don't have a dishwasher so I make everyone use paper plates. may not seem like a big deal but it is!

Get-your-ownie: forage for your dinner. The family likes it and the leftovers actually get eaten. They are responsible for clean-up for themselves too!

September 12, 2013
A MyMSTeam Member

I forgot to mention that the stool should have a revolving seat so you can get up in any direction.
Also, my husband does all the grocery shopping. But it's amaziNg what you can get online, delivered for free.

September 13, 2013

Related Questions

View All
A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
Oxnard, CA

A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
Sydney, AU

A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
Cranks, KY

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In