Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyMSTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I am terrified to use an interferon based medication since the side effects are so scary....lowered immune system....possible fatality. I was vering towards Copaxone but I believe its less effective in the long run. Help please?

August 15, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyMSTeam Member

I did Copaxone 2.5 years! Now loving Tysabri! 27th IV Last week! fdoing great!

August 27, 2018
A MyMSTeam Member

I liked copaxzone. But after 7 years am switching it up to a scarier dnt. I would give copaxzone a try. It is mild and easy to tolerate. However you have to get used to giving yourself injections. I'm on the three x a week plan. I do have upper thighs that are picked up. I would recommend also that you don't use the auto injector. It comes out with such high velocity that I had to stop using it on my arms. Learning to do it manually means I say how fast it goes into my skin! Good wishes for you as you march forward.

August 16, 2018
A MyMSTeam Member

I use gilenya and very happy.

August 17, 2018
A MyMSTeam Member

i was on Copaxone for 2.4 years! now 28 days for Tysabri!

August 16, 2018
A MyMSTeam Member

I would ask for all the literature about all the drugs and info on them we can share our thoughts and opinions I have been on two of the drugs now after 40yrs am on only ?? Brain fat will come back and finish

August 16, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
Springs, ZA

A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
Salem, MA

MyMSTeam asked a question 💭
San Francisco, CA