I was diagnosed with MS at the end of October last year (2018). My first flare started at the end of December (right before Christmas). Around that same time, I developed a horrible taste in my mouth that I can't describe. It makes pretty much everything taste horrible. After a round of IV steroids, my flare symptoms are decreasing, but the taste in my mouth is still there. I'm also taking Gabapentin (300mg) once a day. Has anyone else experienced this?
my mouth always taste yum and some foods I have given up because they don't taste right. Or sugar will taste painful. I couldn't eat chocolate for a year. Nothing taste the same anymore
gabapentin and zanaflex mess up my mouth to no end! my dentist told me that those make my mouth so dry that it is ruining the tissue. Not sure if that is the case for you, but putting it out there anyway.
Yes, I think it comes from the leaky gut syndrome or anxiety. Try cutting out sugars and milk products and see if that helps. Meditate before getting out of bed in the morning and when you get in bed at night for anxiety.
I take 2700mg of Gabapentin every day and have a foul taste in my mouth as well as it being really dry. I make sure I always have a packet of mints with me at all times to help x
Steroids make you eat everything in sight! Don't know about the taste thing.