Lately I’ve seen articles, old and new, making a positive link between alcohol consumption and minimizing MS symptoms. (see below link which references of study that shows lower EDSS scores associated with higher alcohol consumption)
https://www.neurologyadvisor.com/conference-hig...
What is everyone’s experience here? I know for sure if I have alcohol, spirits or wine or my choice, that my symptoms in the moment are lessened. Alcohol is an anti-inflammatory, and since inflammation is our… read more
Now that I use CBD/THC daily, I definitely don't drink like I used to since mixing those together can make me quite loopy. But we moved to wine country last year where there are also a TON of distilleries and breweries, so........I just gotta get to know my town, right...civic responsibility? ;-) Interestingly, I have found that high quality spirits don't negatively impact me quite as much as beer or wine which both increase my spasticity. I had a great local vodka last night made from grapes that was amazing - and no negative symptoms. :-) This is probably one of those things that impacts each of us uniquely.....thanks, MS! I guess we all just need to experiment! Cheers! XX
If i have just one drink with dinner i sleep better n wake up with less symptoms.
I drank heavily for 5 years in denial of my M.S diagnosis. My M.S symptoms were not remarkable however the rest of my life fell apart. Quit drinking 6 yrs ago now and my symptoms are terrible. I'm sure that doesn't help you just wanted you to known M.S and alcoholism are / have been linked. Xoxo
I find a drink or two does help relax my stiff muscles, which is good, but the next day I sometimes feel like I had six or seven when I didn’t! Therefore I only drink occasionally
It took me too long to get alcohol out of my life.