Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyMSTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
New Brockton, AL

I have started having a problem communicating with people. My words come out wrong when I'm speaking; especially when I'm stressed and frustrated. It's not just the TYPED words anymore. I am having this difficulty when I am trying to explain somethings that are important. In person and on the phone. I KNOW that it's MS related.

November 23, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyMSTeam Member

It is called cognitive decline caused by demyelination caused by Periventricular brain stem lesions and in my case several infarcts in the Basal Ganglia treated as a medical emergency but ignored by Neurologists and not discussed or a diagnoses of MS as the NHS is bankrupt and Multiple Sclerosis is a financial drain on social services hence the reason 4 out of five are not diagnosed with MS and not treated immediately with DMTs as I am one of them. Educate and become knowledgeable and know what you are talking about when you need treatment for lung infections and chronic bladder infections, optica optica neuritis and marked meibomian gland stasis waiting since 2009 for Cataract surgery. When health care is no longer available and the government has been proven to be corrupt and billiones disappeared during covid and an expensive enquiry is going on costing billions that should be invested in health care and social houses as no one will be held to account for the disappearing billions what is the point.

November 23, 2023
A MyMSTeam Member

Well after we r long gone hopefully we will end up n the right place where we won't have MS . We will b back to talking correctly, walking correctly, and seeing correctly again!!

November 29, 2023
A MyMSTeam Member

For the longest time I thought it was just me. Thanks for letting me know I’m not crazy. People would say they couldn’t understand me

November 23, 2023
A MyMSTeam Member

Yes, me too!. It's gotten so bad that I have difficulty expressing myself to my doctor 😫. But on a lighter note, my dogs completely understand me...they just want treats 😊 (I have to laugh in order not to cry 😅).

November 26, 2023
A MyMSTeam Member

Always

November 26, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
Oxnard, CA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In