Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyMSTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
London, UK
September 22, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyMSTeam Member

What’s interesting is I don’t hear any positives? Such as I was arguing with my significant other and I began to walk fluently?? Wouldn’t that be something? Food for though👍

September 22, 2024
A MyMSTeam Member

Being stressed do affect my MS

September 22, 2024 (edited)
A MyMSTeam Member

Alright, don’t know if this an option, but you need a pet. I am a dog person, and I prefer big old goofy dogs. Dogs can read emotions, you could look at emotional support dogs, or dogs that are trained for helping with disabilities. Plus they are very huggable! My sister is a cat person. Cats are not always huggable but they can be excellent companions and little clowns.

September 24, 2024
A MyMSTeam Member

great option

September 22, 2024
A MyMSTeam Member

The nervous system is an amazing thing, it goes both ways. Emotions can effect symptoms and in turn symptoms effect emotions. When my legs feel heavy and overwhelmingly numb, I can get very depressed. As for anxiety, there are some breathing techniques and ways to stimulate the Vagus nerve which helps to calm nerves.

September 22, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bolivar, MO

A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
Old Bridge, NJ

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In