Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyMSTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
Mims, FL

I have used every kind of medication to help relieve tremors. Some of the medication turned me into a monster so I stopped it. I don’t want to do deep brain surgery I’ve had a friend that did that and she said it’s more problems than it’s worth. I just need to be able to carry a plate of food or drink out of a normal cup without having to use a straw. I’ve tried everything thrown at me I know pills won’t do it. My central nervous system just needs to be rewired so the right connections happen… read more

April 7
 · 
Reactions
A MyMSTeam Member

DeborahPeakeYoung,

They have extra length straws that allow an individual with a disability to drink as the container remains on a surface.

I understand drinking coffee or a beer from a straw is not normal but hey if it works just do it!

April 11 (edited)
A MyMSTeam Member

That sounds so frustrating @A MyMSTeam Member, hope you find some help. 🤗

April 7
A MyMSTeam Member

@A MyMSTeam Member I’ve tried in the past to wrap my hand around mugs, cups, glass exc. unfortunately when I bring my hand close to my lips my head bobs to much and shakes my whole body. The only thing that ever helps is if I drink a beer that contains hops. The alcohol obviously numbs that part of my brain that has probably a lesion. I can’t drink alcohol all the time because I don’t want to destroy my liver. I’ve tried all the weighted utensils and weights on my wrists but doesn’t work.
Below is some of the medications I have tried that don’t work and changes my mood 👇
Primidone, keppra, Topamax , Baclofen , Amandine, Botox injections,

April 8
A MyMSTeam Member

@A MyMSTeam Member,

When drinking, I use a glass or mug without a handle. I wrap my hand around anything that I drink from. I have had the same coffee mug for a long time. I also drink wine out of a glass and not a wine glass.

April 7
A MyMSTeam Member

@A MyMSTeam Member

What sorts of medications have you tried?
Any supplements or behaviors you've tried?
I'm sorry you're dealing with frustration around this ongoing issue...
Not to pry--and also, #notadoc, but have you tried any dietary or movement changes beyond what you mention in your initial post?

Best,
🦋

April 7 (edited)

Related Questions

View All
A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
Springs, ZA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In