Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyMSTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
Concord, NE

Does anyone get really bad panic attacks. I've been having trouble with bad panic attacks at night. They are so bad I violently shake, I have trouble breathing and my heart feels like it's going to jump out of my chest. The last one I had, I shook so bad that I bit my tongue and cheek so hard my mouth was swollen for a couple days. It scares the living daylights out of me. Does amyone else have this problem or is this a symptom of MS?

January 17, 2015
 · 
Reactions
A MyMSTeam Member

I totally agree with Coollioness. Doctors are a dime a dozen. PLEASE find a physician who takes time with you and at least behaves as if he/she cares about you. Their careers depend on our feedback. I left my first neuro because he spoke to me like I was an idiot. You'll feel so much better once your seeing a doctor who deserves your confidence. Blessings to you.

January 19, 2015
A MyMSTeam Member

Before MS I only had panic attacks during high streSS times. Now they are all of the time and really bad. I can't cat ch my breath, I feel like I'm having a heart attack and like I'm gonna pass out. My thoughts are racing and I can't get a grip. My neuro said that I have to see a psyc for that. Another doc I have to keep up with? She seems to just dismiss all symptoms I tell her about. I just gave up on talking to her. It won't matter. She is an MS doc th at works on a MS specialty clinic...

January 18, 2015
A MyMSTeam Member

I remember dreams for a spilt 5 seconds scares me then can't remember? Makes me feel awful!

September 20, 2016
A MyMSTeam Member

I had a great deal of trouble with panic attacks a few years ago. Therapy and a prescription for Xanax helped. My therapist gave me a couple of tips that also helped. Rapid breathing into a paper bag and setting an alarm for 30 min. which is the typical length of time they last (even though it seems like eternity) helped me endure them.
I have no idea if it was MS related as it was before I was diagnosed as having MS.
I know my reply is not very helpful, but I know how difficult panic attacks can be and wish you the best.

January 18, 2015
A MyMSTeam Member

Thanks for the advice @LindaFrienkenBennett & CoolLioness. You're right. I have to look around the St. Louis/ St Charles, mo area

January 28, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
Morrow, GA

A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lakewood, CO

A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
Elizabethtown, IL