Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyMSTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
Hendersonville, TN

My blood test I had at my Neuro showed I have a low platelet count. But I have been on antibiotics for a respiratory infection. Can this be a factor?

March 11, 2015
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyMSTeam Member

Not sure what that means. Maybe the meds you're on? I noticed on one of my WBC reports it was low. He does make sure I get them checked. I'm on Gilenya... Not sure if that is why he checks mine. You should ask the doc. Good luck.

March 11, 2015
A MyMSTeam Member

I'm on Betaseron. But My PC told me it would be a little low since I'm taking antibiotics for a respiratory infection.

March 13, 2015
A MyMSTeam Member

I was just reading on the side effects of the antibiotics I'm on and low platelet count was one of them. So, I'll have to call and find out if I should wait until I'm off them before I get retested. I'm on Betaseron so my Neuro does blood work regularly to test for possible liver issues.

March 12, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
Springs, ZA

A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
Grants Pass, OR