My blood test I had at my Neuro showed I have a low platelet count. But I have been on antibiotics for a respiratory infection. Can this be a factor?
Not sure what that means. Maybe the meds you're on? I noticed on one of my WBC reports it was low. He does make sure I get them checked. I'm on Gilenya... Not sure if that is why he checks mine. You should ask the doc. Good luck.
I'm on Betaseron. But My PC told me it would be a little low since I'm taking antibiotics for a respiratory infection.
I was just reading on the side effects of the antibiotics I'm on and low platelet count was one of them. So, I'll have to call and find out if I should wait until I'm off them before I get retested. I'm on Betaseron so my Neuro does blood work regularly to test for possible liver issues.