Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyMSTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
Buffalo, NY

I've found that most people have heard of M.S. but very few know what it is and what it does to it's victims. I'm trying to put together an M.S. FACT list so that I can post one M.S. fact a day on my FACEBOOK page. What do you wish people knew or understood about M.S.?

January 23, 2016
 · 
Reactions
A MyMSTeam Member

Very nice visual website. But the thing I find is people try to give me ways to fix myself, like I need to exercise. They never seem to understand it's a broken message issue between the brain and the voluntary muscles. And it's not mind over matter when the an MSer has reached their limit, "limit" means limit, end of story!

January 23, 2016
A MyMSTeam Member

That everyone diagnosed with MS does not necessarily experience the same symptoms.

January 27, 2016
A MyMSTeam Member

I think other should realize our physical limitations - I just can't do what I used to. Caretakers and friends forget this because "we look so good"

January 27, 2016
A MyMSTeam Member

It is NOT contagious.
Cement feet.
Extreme fatigue.
We are not lazy.

January 27, 2016
A MyMSTeam Member

That it can't always be seen!! That what's not disabling to some of us is disabling to others. That MS looks and feels different for everyone who has the disease.

January 27, 2016

Related Questions

View All
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In