Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyMSTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
Port Alberni, BC

My son who was diagnosed 7 years ago was on one dug that had really bad side effects so turned him right off of any. Now he is starting to have stuff happen and I finally talked him into trying another. Problem is I have only been on betaseron and now being secondary, I know nothing about which DMD he should try......any advice?

March 12, 2016
 · 
Reactions
A MyMSTeam Member

The majority of medications don't work overnight. One needs to stay on them for a few months. Stay patient and positive. Many hugs.

March 15, 2016
A MyMSTeam Member

Been on Avonex, Rebif, Tecfidera, and now Copaxone. Copaxone is the only one that has not given me ANY side effects aside from a bit of pain after injecting that is easily ignored if I get myself focusing on other things. I was also told that Copaxone is not only the oldest drug, but also the safest. I had progression in terms of relapses on Avonex, a bit on Tecfidera. I believe I am now secondary progressive, but haven't been on Copaxone long enough (3 months) to be sure if it is being effective.

March 15, 2016
A MyMSTeam Member

I've been on Avonex, Copaxone, Tecfidera, and now Aubagio. With Avonex, I was on it for 6 months and didn't notice any benefit, so went on Copaxone. I was only on Copaxone for about 3 months because it affected me mentally ( happens to about 1%). Then I went on Tecfidera but had horrible side effects. I also tested positive for the JC virus so I definitely didn't want to go back on Tecfidera. I'm now on Aubagio and have been for 8 months with no side effects. It's really hard to know which drug is better because everyone reacts differently to each one. Good luck!

March 12, 2016
A MyMSTeam Member

I was on Tysabri now on Rituxan but Neuro is changing me when Ocrelizimab is approved

July 12, 2016
A MyMSTeam Member

Ask your Neuro.

July 9, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
Locust Fork, AL

A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
Chelmsford, MA