Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyMSTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
Indian, AK

Has anyone taken Rituximab or rituxan

October 19, 2016
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyMSTeam Member

I had one infusion in June and am scheduling my second for December. I have not had a flare up since taking it and did not have any major side effects. The worst part for me is the steroids that they give before the Rituximab b/c I get really bad insomnia from them. I'm now looking into LDN for the hand neuropathy, MS hug and pain in my right heel.

October 23, 2016
A MyMSTeam Member

I'm on Rituxan but I take it for my RA. I have PPMS & my Mayo Neurologist said I could take it for RA & perhaps it could do something for me PPMS wise. Rituxan attacks CD20 (I think that was what it was called) as the new drug coming out for progressive MSs. My local neurologist says he uses it with some RRMS patients.

October 20, 2016
A MyMSTeam Member

Not understanding. Did u do the rituxan or not? I’m debating this drug. mayo made comments? Please explain because mayo is as good as it gets in my book. Whatever they say..is gospel.

April 22, 2020
A MyMSTeam Member

What I find very interesting is that Rituxan & this 1st EVER drug for MS is really like Rituxan. The differences were Rituxan is made up of 50% human proteins and 50% mice proteins and is a drug that was set to treat many autoimmune afflictions and this other drug that will be the first of its kind is made up of 100% human proteins doing exactly the same thing except the creators have purposely said this is for ONLY PPMS/SPMS nothing else----my understanding is that what we are having to decipher are the words for our treatment. I was put on Rituxan Buy my mayo neurologists thinking we could use it to perhaps work on my rheumatoid arthritis and who knows maybe it'll help me. But the kicker is never now! We are on the same boat for progressive forms. My doctor has said locally he has used it for some RRMS patients.

January 21, 2017
A MyMSTeam Member

Sorry I have been bad about getting back to you! The side effects that I have received came with my third round of her 3rd round. so that's a total of six infusion because you will get one infusion that last from 3 to 6 hours for the first time two weeks later you go for another round and that's considered one visit. I was fine the first two infusions and the last one left me with flu like symptoms, which are no fun. And a huge migraine for multiple days. But I'm scheduling another one . Good luck on what you decide or have already decided to do. This drug is a lot like the new almost approved drug by the FDA for progressive forms PPMS/SPMS

January 21, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyMSTeam Subscriber asked a question 💭

A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
Burrville, CT