Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyMSTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
Glen Burine, MD

I have a problem where I feel I can't stand still and straight up, I have to move my weight from one leg to the other if I'm standing, whether that means walking or swaying. Seems to be getting more prominent and when I try to stand still I have to lean on something.

Not to mention overnight both of my knees starting feeling tremendous arthritis-like pain. Anyone else? It feels like the beginning of gait problems :(

March 15, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A MyMSTeam Member

For me my gait issues started with morning stiffness in my legs and my left leg would get tired after walking for a long period of time. 4 years later and it has gotten worse, I now can only walk unassisted in my home, my stiffness is now constant but I have adjusted my life and accepted my new "normal" . Try not to stress about it cause it might end up getting better everyone is different . Stay strong

March 16, 2017
A MyMSTeam Member

Me too with the standing, but not the knee issue at night. Standing is a nightmare especially as there is no feeling in the sole of my left foot.

March 19, 2017
A MyMSTeam Member

I can relate to the not Standing in one place for to long. I can walk however I just can not stand in one place to long.

March 15, 2017
A MyMSTeam Member

I felt like that right before I had a flare up. I lost feeling in my legs altogether.I was very scared but it stopped after a week or so.

March 15, 2017
A MyMSTeam Member

I have the exact same thing about standing. Not the knees though, sorry to hear that!

March 17, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
Los Angeles, CA

A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
Somerset, KY