Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyMSTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
February 3, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyMSTeam Member

Thank you. I can use it legally here in California also. I was hoping to use it to help with the after effects of my good days. Maybe the migraines and the brain fog.

February 3, 2023
A MyMSTeam Member

I’m sure I can answer any of ur marijuana questions. I have a short and long answer. The short answer is yes it can. The long answer would be if you’ve never used it before it will definitely be a different experience. It sometimes takes a long time to use it to get the normal every day effect in dealing with all of the side effects For someone like me who’s been smoking marijuana for A good 30 years. I can function just fine. So for me, smoking marijuana helps with anxiety, eating, sleeping and social or intimate interaction. Smoking marijuana does take ur motivation away and some r the opposite! I would recommend if u have never used pot to find a friend to get u a joint. Go home and smoke it in ur backyard after dark. U will b fine. If u find that it helps u. Get ur marijuana card and enjoy. The stores sells the flower ( actual marijuana), or u can eat gummies, or drink it, or use dabs or, cartridges. Hope that kinda helps

February 3, 2023
MyMSTeam

Medical marijuana might offer some mild benefits for MS symptoms, but the evidence is still uncertain. Here are some key points from the knowledge base:

- Mild Benefits: Cannabis-derived drugs may help reduce muscle contractions, bladder dysfunction, and pain based on patient self-assessments
- Side Effects: Common side Show Full Answer

Medical marijuana might offer some mild benefits for MS symptoms, but the evidence is still uncertain. Here are some key points from the knowledge base:

- Mild Benefits: Cannabis-derived drugs may help reduce muscle contractions, bladder dysfunction, and pain based on patient self-assessments.
- Side Effects: Common side effects include dizziness, dry mouth, fatigue, intoxication, impaired balance, memory problems, and sleepiness.
- Research Limitations: More research is needed to confirm its effectiveness. Current studies show limited and mild benefits.
- Types of Products: Studies have focused on cannabis extracts and synthetic versions of THC, not smoked marijuana.

For more detailed information, you can refer to the article [here](https://www.mymsteam.com/resources/medical-mari...).

July 27, 2024
A MyMSTeam Member

Thank you everyone for your great responses.
First, I am not new to Marijuana. Although, it has been a few decades.
Second, my wife has been using the edibles for a while now, and they seem to help.
Since I posted the question, I utilized an edible to help with a migraine. It helped, but I forgot about being hungry afterwards. I try to get a product with the highest ratio of CBD. The THC I can do without. Also, the CBD and CBN combined are also good with my specific issues.
Anyway, thank everyone for your responses.
Take care.
Alway love,
Theron Simon

February 21, 2023
A MyMSTeam Member

I say, listen to yourself and do what you have to do. It's like that song, Whatever gets you through the night.

February 4, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
El Paso, TX

A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
Haverstraw, NY

MyMSTeam asked a question 💭
San Francisco, CA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In