Lying down at night, I often have my ear resting on my hand, on the pillow I can clearly hear the blood pumping....
September 20
I get the same thing sometimes... Really annoying.
September 20
I get a kind of vibration while laying in bed. I never put that together. It is really bothersome.
September 20
MS is full of surprises. When it happens it makes me just want to sit. Moving is annoying. Thanks for adding me to your team! I added you to mine too!
September 20
What a strange and unsettling sensation that must be! The good news is, you're definitely not alone in experiencing unusual sensations with MS.
What you're describing sounds like it could be related to internal tremors or paresthesia — fancy words for abnormal sensations caused by nerve damage in MS. These sensations don't Show Full Answer
What a strange and unsettling sensation that must be! The good news is, you're definitely not alone in experiencing unusual sensations with MS.
What you're describing sounds like it could be related to internal tremors or paresthesia — fancy words for abnormal sensations caused by nerve damage in MS. These sensations don't always look like anything from the outside, but they can feel very real and strange on the inside. Other MyMSTeam members have described similar sensations in different ways, such as:
- A vibrating or buzzing feeling throughout the body
- Sensations like electrical currents moving through them
- A feeling like cold water streaming down their legs
- A pulsing or throbbing sensation in various body parts
In MS, nerve damage can cause the nervous system to send random, misfired signals to the brain. Your brain then interprets these as physical sensations — even when nothing is physically happening. It's always worth mentioning new or changing sensations to your neurologist or MS care team, especially if they become more frequent or bothersome. They can help determine if it's related to MS activity or something else worth investigating.
September 20