I have had RRMS since December 2005 when I was officially diagnosed, although I was sick for a solid year before that. I have recently had severe joint pain on both sides of my body, starting with my back in June and spreading pretty much everywhere else over the last 5-6 weeks. My neuro says that this is not my MS so I am in the process of being tested for other things and awaiting an appointment with a rheumatologist on November 26th.
I also have an issue with low platelets that has been… read more
You can have more than one, unfortunately.
Auto-immune diseases run in my family, thyroid conditions and such. My cousin also has RA.
There are 80 different types of autoimmune diseases that affect people all over the world, RA is one among them. In this disease the white blood cells exaggerate to stimuli inside the body which affect the immune system and destroy the healthy tissues of body. Lupus is also autoimmune system disease which leads to tissue damage and illness. Laboratory testing is very important while evaluating a patient with such diseases. Components include in laboratory testing are complete blood count, inflammatory markers, comprehensive metabolic panel and flow cytometry executed through tools present at http://www.ilexmedical.com/products.php?act=cat . The results confirm it’s diagnose, evaluate disease’s severity and aid in judging prognosis.
i have RRMS and CNS lupus - i've lost my platelets 3x's - in the last 18yrs my lupus has really not been bothering me - wish i could say the same about mu MS
I have low platelet counts. It's called ITP, which is an auto-immune disorder. Several years ago I had hemolytic anemia, another auto-immune disorder. All docs claim no interdependency; I keep looking for the common thread.