I'm still pretty new at this MS stuff being diagnosed in 2015, but I was fortunate early on to meet an integrative medicine DR who has MS and has successfully treats herself (for many years now) through diet and supplementation. I use the MITO food plan - it's especially helpful for MSers because it targets energy production in the mitochondria. Since I changed my diet, I have not had any new symptoms in over 2 years. I did also detox my personal and household products using www.EWG.org to find safer alternatives.
You can find the MITO food plan here - as well as the elimination diet which I also did - I found several foods that I am highly sensitive to that had previously come back negative on a standard allergy panel test - once eliminated, I have not had any of the issues I used to have.
http://centerforfunctionalmedicine.com/for-pati...
I'm also on an anti-inflammatory diet and I've never had an attack. MRIs are stable too. I try to avoid gluten and cut down on the dairy. I think diet can be a powerful tool in the arsenal. Good luck.
Im not sure if its remission, but I do feel good most the time. I tried drinking a pop the other day and it didnt appeal at all! Usually, I drink just water. I think after awhile your body prefers the more nutritious things. I have not eliminated everything, but have cut down ALOT on sugary things and processed/pre-made foods.
Yes, some people with multiple sclerosis (MS) have reported improvements with anti-inflammatory diets. Here are some key points from the knowledge base:
- Healthy Diet Impact: A 2014 study found that those with a healthy consumption of fruits, vegetables, and dietary fats had higher quality of life and lower disability Show Full Answer