Forget about putting on a necklace! π―
Yes....ti all of the above comments....it stinks! If a necklace doesn't have a ling enough chain to go over my head, forget it. Earrings? Not any more.
There are adaptive tools that can make gripping easier, primarily for silverware. Give them a try.
I used to have terrible dexterity problems. But after doing finger exercises I now have normal functioning of my fingers. I only did the exercises once a week, so it took a few years for me. But by doing them more often, I would think it could help much faster. Today, I can actually put on and fasten a necklace!
Here are the Finger Exercises that I used to do:
1. Counting "1-2-3-4-5-Close," touch your thumb on one hand to each fingertip on that hand, then the pinky pad on your hand, and then clasp all the fingers around the thumb on "Close."
Repeat 20 times. Then repeat on other hand.
2. Child toys for training hand-eye coordination: like putting pegs in the holes of a wooden block and wooden strips with holes, screwing a plastic nut down a long 5? inch plastic screw, threading a thick thread into the small holes of a 1/2 inch thick animal-shaped block. Repeat each exercise with the other hand before moving on to the next exercise.
Yes I have trouble with mine everyday. I do finger exercises each day to keep them flexible.
All of the above it sucks having to rely on others. π€