Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyMSTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

Forget about putting on a necklace! 😯

December 28, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyMSTeam Member

Yes....ti all of the above comments....it stinks! If a necklace doesn't have a ling enough chain to go over my head, forget it. Earrings? Not any more.

December 31, 2023
A MyMSTeam Member

There are adaptive tools that can make gripping easier, primarily for silverware. Give them a try.

December 29, 2023
A MyMSTeam Member

I used to have terrible dexterity problems. But after doing finger exercises I now have normal functioning of my fingers. I only did the exercises once a week, so it took a few years for me. But by doing them more often, I would think it could help much faster. Today, I can actually put on and fasten a necklace!

Here are the Finger Exercises that I used to do:

1. Counting "1-2-3-4-5-Close," touch your thumb on one hand to each fingertip on that hand, then the pinky pad on your hand, and then clasp all the fingers around the thumb on "Close."
Repeat 20 times. Then repeat on other hand.

2. Child toys for training hand-eye coordination: like putting pegs in the holes of a wooden block and wooden strips with holes, screwing a plastic nut down a long 5? inch plastic screw, threading a thick thread into the small holes of a 1/2 inch thick animal-shaped block. Repeat each exercise with the other hand before moving on to the next exercise.

December 31, 2023
A MyMSTeam Member

Yes I have trouble with mine everyday. I do finger exercises each day to keep them flexible.

December 31, 2023
A MyMSTeam Member

All of the above it sucks having to rely on others. πŸ€—

December 31, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyMSTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Shorewood, IL

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In