Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyMSTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
June 10, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyMSTeam Member

I have had that issue prior being diagnosed with MS. But, now it is also followed by dizziness, feeling lightheaded and sometimes extreme weakness.

June 10, 2024
A MyMSTeam Member

I have that issue, too. Before I stand I'll move my legs up and down. Kind of like marching. I always have my rollator with me so I don't have a risk of falling.

June 10, 2024
MyMSTeam

Experiencing balance issues when standing up can be common for people with multiple sclerosis (MS). This can be related to dizziness or orthostatic hypotension, which is a drop in blood pressure upon standing. Here are some tips to help manage this:

- Stand Up Slowly: Rise gradually to give your body time to adjust
- Use Show Full Answer

Experiencing balance issues when standing up can be common for people with multiple sclerosis (MS). This can be related to dizziness or orthostatic hypotension, which is a drop in blood pressure upon standing. Here are some tips to help manage this:

- Stand Up Slowly: Rise gradually to give your body time to adjust.
- Use Support: Hold onto a stable surface or use a cane or walker.
- Stay Hydrated: Dehydration can worsen dizziness.

If this continues to be a problem, consult your neurologist for personalized advice.

June 10, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
Glen Burine, MD

A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
Terryville, CT

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In