Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyMSTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

Also infusions are every 12 months

December 7, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyMSTeam Member

I was diagnosed in my mid 60s and took meds for a couple years then stopped.

December 7, 2024
A MyMSTeam Member

It depends on your neurologist. I’d personally change to one that wants to treat you. My father had a flare at 16 and not another until 68. So he’s being treated with ocrevus.

December 7, 2024
A MyMSTeam Member

Thanks,I was concerned about only being treated for 2 years, just because I am older. It’s good to know that other older people are still getting treatment

December 7, 2024
A MyMSTeam Member

I am 82 and started DMT 6 MO ago in effort to prevent further progression. Dx @15, no meds, tx availabe then. When they did, my neuro said they wouldnn't help me . Changed to different neuro (Aaron Boster, MS specialist, after cog fog flare in May 2023) Sx. Minimal until that darn flare, very scarey!

December 7, 2024
A MyMSTeam Member

You're / no one should stay on any single medication for ever. And always remember everyone's different.

December 7, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bandera, TX