Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyMSTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
Springfield, MO
April 26, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyMSTeam Member

I had a crazy rxn between amatadine and buprprion that caused one liver enzyme to go so high it said I was dying. I researched it and brought the literature to my Dr. and still alive today LOL

April 26, 2024
A MyMSTeam Member

While I was on Aubagio and Copaxone I took “Liver Refresh” by NOW supplements. Also I drank very very little. My liver function tests were always great.

April 26, 2024
A MyMSTeam Member

Liver issues are pretty common with the DMTs. Hard for me to pin it to the steroids but had trouble many years with liver enzymes but they have finally normalized.

April 26, 2024
MyMSTeam

Yes, liver issues can occur with high-dose steroid use, which is sometimes prescribed for managing MS relapses. Some individuals on steroids, including those used for MS like methylprednisolone (Solu-Medrol), have reported experiencing liver problems. Signs of liver issues can include jaundice (yellowing of the skin or Show Full Answer

Yes, liver issues can occur with high-dose steroid use, which is sometimes prescribed for managing MS relapses. Some individuals on steroids, including those used for MS like methylprednisolone (Solu-Medrol), have reported experiencing liver problems. Signs of liver issues can include jaundice (yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes), nausea, loss of appetite, unusually dark urine, pale feces, and increased tendency to bruise or bleed. It's important to monitor liver function and discuss any concerns with your healthcare provider during steroid treatment.

April 26, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
Taylorsville, GA

A MyMSTeam Member asked a question 💭
Troy, MI